Sunday, April 14, 2013

Home, Sunday

Home Sweet Home! Most of us had a 10-12 hour day of travel yesterday, but that is always expected when traveling long distances. A debriefing dinner (and lots of giggles) at MIA Airport last night was fun and a very sweet closures with my new "Indi" friends. We missed Pat and Victoria, though.

How do you wrap up a week in Haiti with words? Impossible, just saying. I will post some of my favorite pictures and share some things that I will hold dear to me as reality arrives tomorrow morning at 5am.

Regarding my Indiana Friends: These ladies are kindhearted, giving, very knowledgeable in medicine, over-the-top with beautiful patient care and they love to laugh. I completely enjoyed being on this team of ladies from Indiana. I feel I should warn you though, people from Indiana do not like Tom Brady or The New England Patriots. I was almost tossed from the infamous roof-top when I mentioned to the girls how much I like Brady and The Pats (Love all Boston teams, ya know). Lets just say, they aren't a fan, not even a little bit! However, I do have a burning desire to watch the movie "The Hoosiers" sometime soon. In closure about these ladies, they work hard, pray hard and play hard. Well rounded group of ladies. I thank them for their friendship.

Nehemiah Vision Ministry Staff: Brooke is angelic, words can't describe her and the team of nurses/interns and staff that come and go serving at NVM. Pastor Pierre (founder of NVM) had a vision; he prayed, had a calling and moved forward with his desire to help his people in Haiti medically, spiritually and intellectually. The results are why teams come to NVM/Haiti, medical and non-medical. His heart is gentle and full of love. He is an unselfish blessed man.

Haitian Longevity
What was shared with us about Haiti, is "Americans have all the watches; Haitians have all the time". So true, so real. I came to Haiti to serve, share and just be able to give unconditionally. I trust that our team made someone smile, feel better physically and saw how God can work through others.

May you all have a slice of Haiti in you now by pictures or experiences I have shared and may you one day feel compelled to go and find your slice of Haiti.

Orevwa!

The 2013 Team and Interpreters!

This is a sweet baby is NOT malnourished, in fact this baby was overfed and the mother was taught how often to feed a baby. Education is part of the medical clinic, as well as treatment. 



Sunday Church Service



Sunset at Club Indigo (a beautiful part of Haiti)

Girl Friends
Tap-Tap



Roof Top Sunrise (my favorite place)


Club Indigo with Leslie (RN) and Kris (Nurse Practitioner)


A Gaff Sailboat Luffing By at Club Indigo


The Best Interpreter on the Planet; Mr. Bendy Jean Louis
Mother's Love


Young Man Grinding Corn

Village Life

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! How very proud I am of you and the difference you do make in people's lives....Pammie Jean you are my idol!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete